Monday, May 28, 2012

TBR welcomes Dawne Prochilo

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Dawne. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Dawne: A published erotic romance author, a freelance writer and online journalist, owner of promotional blogs Sex Marks the G-Spot (erotic romance) and Front Seat Romance (sweet romance).

I'm also the Promotions Director for a publisher.

Affiliate partner with After Dark Online- http://afterdarkonlinestories.blogspot.com/

Contributing writer to Good Vibrations Magazine, Cafe Eden and Cafe Fantasys and theirtoys Blog.

Follow my fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dawne-Prochilo/111351808934539 I am sarcastic, independent, intelligent (I have papers to prove it), roll my eyes way too many times in a day, am a real blonde, patient and would do anything for those that I love.

I love hazelnut coffee, Mountain Dew, my Jack Russell Terrier, Eddie, my family and White Zinfadel. In no particular order.

I hate peas and carrots, wet socks, liars and fake people.

TBR: Tell us about your latest release and where it's available.
Dawne: I have a new release coming out in June with Secret Cravings Publishing called No Matter What- it is part of their special call for submissions called ‘Special Love”. It is about a man who has a debilitating central nervous system disease and his anger at the world- and how his female neighbor helps him see more clearly.

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Dawne: Excerpt from No Matter What

“I need to talk first.” He said, halting her from going into the kitchen. Taylor stopped, looked back at him and must have seen the concerned look on his face.
“What is it?” She stepped closer to him.
“It's...” He choked.
“Chad?” She knelt down in front of him, taking his hands in hers. “Tell me. I can maybe help you.”
“I believe you can.” He smiled at her. Mesmerized by her eyes, Chad couldn't tear his eyes away from her gaze. “Taylor, I know we barely know each other but over the last few weeks, something has happened to me.”
“What?” Her inquisitive innocent face was clueless.
“I've grown very fond of you.”
“You have?” She smiled at his revelation.
“Ever since that night in the back yard...No, before that.” He confessed, running his fingers through his sandy brown hair.
“Really?” Taylor smiled, leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. The way her lush lips touched his, made him hungry for more. The kiss deepened and Taylor wrapped her arms around his neck. When she tried to climb into his lap without breaking their lips apart, Chad placed his hands under her arms and hoisted her up.
“Damn,” She whispered across his lips when they came up for air. “I see your lips work perfect.”
“And like I mentioned earlier, so do all my other parts.” His eyes met hers.
Their passion manifested quick and Taylor sensed it too.
“Show me.” She murmured against his mouth.
“I'd love to.” She slid off his lap so he could stand up.
Taylor lead him up the stairs, holding his hand the entire way, and when they reached her bedroom, Chad stopped.
“What? Having second thoughts?” Her voice wavered.

TBR: Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
Dawne: The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Dawne: Oh yes, I have to have music playing, it enhances my creativity and helps the words flow out of me. Everything from 80’s hair bands to Nickelback and new rock. I am an addict to Metallica, Godsmack, Papa Roach and Rob Zombie.

TBR: While creating your books, what was one of the most surprising things you learned?
Dawne: How creative I can actually be. I can take a simple idea and turn into the most descriptive scene- so vivid in the readers’ minds.  

TBR: What's next for you?
Dawne: I have two series I'm working on. One is a four book series of erotic tales about women who are of voluptuous size- I don't feel every heroine should be the 'perfect' size that society has them viewed as.
I also am writing a four book series- historical western romance. I am loving the lingo, the storylines and characters. It is set in 1898 Colorado Territory and is a sweet romance series

TBR: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Dawne: This is part of a review for When We Meet Again-
"My first reaction when I put this book down was WOW! I felt emotionally drained which is one of the best things an author can leave me with…”

TBR: Who are some of your favorite authors and books? What are you reading now?
Dawne: I love suspense/thrillers by Stuart Woods and Robert B Parker but I also love erotic romance author Maya Banks and Jodi Olson.

I am currently reading tons of historical and western romance novels for my own writing. Reading the lingo and language changes… plus I love the old west.  

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Website: http://dawneprochilo.blogspot.com

TBR: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Dawne: What makes you want to read a book? The cover? The blurb? The reviews?

TBR: Thanks for visiting TBR, Dawne. Best of luck to you.

2 comments:

Talk to TBR guests!