Thursday, January 24, 2013

TBR welcomes Linda Engman

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Linda. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Linda: I love to write about falling for someone when you least expect it.  My heroes are rugged, sexy and loaded with charm.  My heroines are career women with a taste for fashion.  Sometimes I’ll set the story in a small hometown and other times in a fast-paced big city.  For myself I live in NW Wisconsin with my family and have fun hanging out with my family, cooking, shopping, reading. 

TBR: Tell us about your latest release and where it's available.
Linda: My Sexiest Wedding, available at Amazon, B&N, The Wild Rose Press

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Linda:
Blurb:
          As a wedding planner, getting couples down the aisle is all part of the work week for Spring James.  But when it comes to her own love life—marriage is the last thing on her mind.  Until her one-night stand arrives in her hometown unannounced.  Tall, dark and handsome is only a start.  Nothing but lean, taut muscle, he’s ruggedly charismatic and good with kids, besides.  Prompting her to reconsider her no marriage rule.
          For the past month, Spanish cowboy Rafael Quintero, has been haunted by what happened between them in Miami while there on business.  He’s spent the time since on his ranch in Argentina, with a crushed ego, and his male pride keeping him from going after her.  Now a twist of fate has brought them back together and all bets are off.
          Set in the small town of Bernie, Ohio, Rafael and Spring’s romantic-steamy love story will capture your heart as they discover the secret to falling in love.

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Linda: The hero Rafael Quintero started out as a best friend in Manhattan Holiday and was so sexy besides heartbroken, that I felt he need his own story.  

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Linda: Yes, definitely a playlist for each book.  Couldn’t write without music.

TBR: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Linda: All my heroines, for sure.  I’d love to girl chat with them.  I’ve had readers say they’d love to be friends with my heroines.  Me too!

TBR: What's next for you?
Linda: I’m busy finishing a four part sexy-heartfelt Navy SEAL series and a romantic YA book that my teenage daughter and her friends can’t wait to read. 

TBR: Any other published works?
Linda: I have three other contemporary romances out right now- I’ve Got You, Falling For You, and Manhattan Holiday.  

TBR: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Linda: I’ve had so many readers and reviewers say they love the drama and love the way I end my romances. 

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Linda:  I’m on FB, Twitter, Goodreads, and Pinterest.  Links to all sites on my website.

TBR: Thanks for visiting TBR, Linda. Best of luck to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi all! Thanks to TBR for hosting me here today. I just love weddings and it was a lot of fun writing My Sexiest Wedding. Most days my desk was covered with clippings of dresses, cakes, grooms suits, flowers. My daughter was the one who suggested I write aboubt a wedding planner. I just loved Rafael in Manhattan Holiday and had to make him the hero of MSW. Bit of triva: MSW takes place in the small town of Bernie Ohio, which is the hometown of April Sutton from Manhattan Holiday. No need to read MH before MSW. Each story is stand alone. But if you love Rafael in MSW be sure to check him out in MH. He steals a wedding scene for sure in that book. :) I"ll be around today so if anyone has questions- ask away! You can also catch me on FB and Twitter. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Talk to TBR guests!