Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TBR welcomes Wendi Zwaduk

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Wendi. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Wendi: Sure! I’m happy to be here. I love all things blue, including my blue hair. Yep. I have blue hair. I love to read and draw. I have more pets than I probably should as well as a soft spot in my heart for black cats. Grin. I’ve been writing for over seven years and published for three. I write in the contemporary and paranormal erotic romance genres. The hotter the better. I love to chatter with readers and always end up losing my voice at the end of conventions because I’ve talked so much!

TBR: Tell us about Play to Him and where it's available.
Wendi:  Play to Him is available from Total-E-Bound. It’s a hot and kinky take on the recording industry. Sebastian’s a sexy Dom who knows exactly who he wants as his permanent sub. But getting her into his arms isn’t as easy as he’d like. Rhiannon’s not sure of Sebastian. She’s more than a little in love with him, but she’s scared that getting her heart involved will end ruining the sex play romance she’s already built with him. You can get your copy here: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=1905

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Wendi: Sure!

The key to her freedom is accepting his bonds.
Rhiannon Dubois set out to find her own path in life—with her music, her career and what she wants in the bedroom. No more giving in to get what she wants. She’s making her own rules.
Except with the billionaire playboy she can’t get out of her mind.
Sebastian Chastain knows Rhiannon better than she knows herself. Despite her best efforts to hide her need for submission behind her independent streak, she blossoms when she relinquishes control. He’s got the tools to jumpstart her career and he’s not stopping until she regains her spot in the limelight.
She puts herself in his masterful hands, but can he also convince her to offer her heart?

Reader Advisory: This book contains scenes of bondage and submission, spanking, anal sex, use of toys for maximum pleasure, as well as a leash, collar and nipple clamps.

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Wendi: Rhiannon showed up in my ménage story, Savin’ Me. She wanted her own story and a chance to show how she’d grown up between the two books. I couldn’t tell her no. I’m glad I did let her run with the story as it’s so hot and fun. I also didn’t realize how far into the D/s lifestyle she was. Granted, she’s not in as deeply as some, but that’s how she expresses herself in the bedroom. Plus, the research for the toys was a lot of fun!

TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Wendi: Depends on the story. I’ve had some that just flowed and I did my best to catch up. The characters will talk so fast and with details. I’ve got to keep up! There are other times when the characters will hold back. Then I tend to plot out what will happen. The funny thing is that once I’ve plotted the books out, there’s a good chance the characters will change things once we get rolling. So I guess I’m a plotser. Grin.

TBR: Any tips or tricks for world building you’d care to share?
Wendi: Hm. Tricks? I let the characters tell me about the world, but the biggest thing I do is I think about the story before I go to sleep. I tend to dream about the world and feel more immersed in it. I have an idea of where they are in the world and how they’re moving around it so it’s easier to describe.

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Wendi:  Yes! I have to have some sort of noise running while I’m writing. I don’t know if it makes it easier to concentrate or what, but yes! For Play to Him, I listened to a lot of Lady Gaga, including Edge of Glory, a lot of Godsmack, including Straight Out of Line, and Jason Aldean. Tattoos on This Town inspired a lot of the story because Cleveland, Ohio makes a major appearance.
I didn’t have a specific playlist, as I let the iTunes run and shuffle, but yes, those songs were on it.

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Wendi: To my knowledge, there isn’t a sex toy store with a billionaire CEO in downtown Cleveland. Grin.

TBR: What's next for you?
Wendi: I’d love to explore some of the secondary characters from Play to Him. I’m always running with the secondary characters. Probably because I can’t let them go so easily. It’s like a family and I don’t want anyone left out.

TBR: Any other published works?
Wendi: I’ve got lots! You can read the full backlist here:
Some of my titles include, One More Night (a 1Night Stand story), Savin’ Me from the Treble Anthology, Still the One from the Switch Anthology, and Ever Fallen in Love (my NASCAR BDSM story).

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Wendi:
Wordpress blog: http://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/
Newsletter sign up:  http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:
I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.   
I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals.  I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

TBR: Thanks for visiting TBR, Wendi. All the best to you.

1 comment:

Talk to TBR guests!