Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TBR welcomes Kellie Kamryn

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Kellie. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Kellie: Thanks for having me here. I’m Kellie Kamryn, erotic and contemporary romance author, mother to four, poet and all around busy person. In addition to writing, I’ve embarked on a project with my “Man of the Month” calendar for charity. Proceeds will go to help people leave abusive situations. In addition to that, the new segment on my blog MY STORY features people who have left or escaped those types of situations and how they’re thriving now. We’re hoping to bring awareness to how common this is as well give others hope and inspiration to make change in their own lives. We want others to know they are not alone.

TBR: Tell us about REBOUND and where it's available.
Kellie: My latest release is my debut novel, REBOUND, Book 1 in the Love and Balance series. It is available from SecretCravings Publishing, as well as other ebook outlets – Bookstrand, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and AllRomance ebooks. In a few weeks, it will be available in paperback as well.

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Kellie:
Blurb:
Claire LeMay is at the top of her game - she's head of a prominent gymnastics facility with her gymnasts winning awards for her outstanding choreography. Now her biggest challenge is to coach alongside the man she's avoided for three years after he demanded she live in his shadow instead of forging her own path.
After sinking every penny of his inheritance into his state-of-the-art gymnastics facility, Justin Black has achieved his dream. But even with hundreds of members and well-trained coaches, when Claire's presence invades his space, he reluctantly admits she's the one thing missing in his life. As their old passion tumbles out faster than a gymnast sprinting down the vault runway, Justin knows he can’t let her walk out of his life this time.
Are they destined to repeat the same old routine or will they be able to choreograph a new one?

Excerpt:
Claire’s nervousness grew a hundredfold as Shelley parked their rental car in the lot adjacent to the gymnastics facility. A couple of months ago, Claire had been voted Canada’s best choreographer by her peers at National Championships, when her gymnasts had won choreography awards. She should be ecstatic about training Canada’s female Olympic hopefuls. Instead of elation, however, her gut churned with an ever-increasing sense of dread.
She reached for the door handle just as a black convertible roared into the lot with the top down and rock music blaring. Claire’s stomach did a somersault and sank to her toes. Heaven help me.
Her grip on the handle froze, and she turned to Shelley.
Her best friend cocked an eyebrow at her. “What’s with the deer-in-the-headlights look?”
Claire let a breath whoosh out of her lungs. “I can’t do this.”
A colleague for nearly as long as she’d been a friend, Shelley rolled her bright green eyes and nudged Claire’s shoulder. “Yes, Ms. Claire LeMay, you can.”
Claire eyed Justin Black as he stepped out of his vehicle while the top automatically lowered back into place. He slammed the door and, with a sharp movement, pressed a button on his key fob. Her heart stopped when he turned and she viewed him head on. He’d always reminded her of the main actor from a popular TV show where the kid crash landed to earth and had super powers. With those soft brown eyes and thick dark hair, not to mention the muscles that bulged under his clothing, he’d been her hero once upon a time. She knew better than anyone the raw power he had, for she’d known him as a competitive gymnast, and then later as a lover.
Butterflies flitted around her insides in full force. Ridiculous. She’d seen him numerous times in the last few years. In fact, they’d both attended almost every competition on the national scene. They’d managed to avoid one another by sitting on opposite sides of the room at technical meetings, and by some miracle, their athletes had never been in the same rotation.
But not today. Today they’d be forced to work together.
Claire took a deep breath. Nerves are not a part of my vocabulary. She would focus on the task at hand, burying her apprehension. Doesn’t matter that he knows all the right places to touch to drive me wild. She frowned. Those days were long gone.
Her heart beat at a rapid pace, and a flush stole over her body. How can he still affect me this way? She watched Justin’s taut ass as he strode to the front doors of the building and disappeared inside. Still such a fine backside. She gave her head a shake. What’s wrong with me? She didn't think about his backside—or any other part of him—anymore.

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Kellie: My first love was gymnastics. I competed and coached in the sport of artistic gymnastics for more than 25 years altogether. In a dream, my hero whispered this story idea and I just had to write the book. Thank you to SCP for picking it up!

TBR: Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
Kellie: “Never be satisfied with what you achieve because it all pales in comparison with what you are capable of doing in the future.” ~Rabbi Nochem Kaplan

TBR: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Kellie: I’d love to have them all to dinner, except for Marco DeRossi. I can’t say why because it spoils it for readers, but if people read the book, they’ll know why!

TBR: While creating your books, what was one of the most surprising things you learned?
Kellie: How my characters have a tendency to take over, creating a story that even I hadn’t imagined. I may have a short outline, but I learned I was more of a pantser than a plotter. I have the idea and then just write and the characters take me on the journey.

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Kellie: I tend to create the love scenes first! I’m a hopeless romantic, so I love dialogue between the hero and heroine, and I absolutely love “bringing them together” if you get my drift…

TBR: What's next for you?
Kellie: Book 2 in the series, The Perfect Score, will be released in March. Then I’ve got a couple of local book signings planned for Rebound once it comes out in print. My love and erotic poetry collection, Secrets and Desires of the Heart, will be published with Romance Divine. It will be released in ebook, audiobook and print formats. I’m excited about all of my projects. Book 3 in the Love and Balance series is on my plate to be submitted to my publisher is well. Never a dull moment in my life!

TBR: Any other published works?
Kellie: I have three erotic short stories out with three publishers – Secret Cravings, Romance Divine, and The Wild Rose Press. Readers can visit my website: www.kelliekamryn.com to see everything I offer.

TBR: What’s the most challenging aspect of writing? Most rewarding?
Kellie: The most challenging is balancing promotion with writing. And then the rest of my life on top of it!

TBR: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Kellie: So far, any reviews have been positive. I love it when a reader says they laughed out loud or that it touched them in some way. Then I know I’ve done a good job.

TBR: Readers, Kellie will tell you about her giveaway. She'll pick the winners and announce the winner here. Be sure to leave your email address so s/he can contact you. Take it away, Kellie…
Kellie: Since it’s so close to Valentine’s Day I’m going to give something to two lucky people. If you like paranormal, a little on the spicy side, romance – I’ve got a signed copy of   Daisy Dunn’s Hunger’s Desire, the first in her series. And here’s where it gets fun, teehee… Eloisa James autographed a copy of her book A Kiss at Midnight for me for another give away I did, however, she forgot at first not to make it out to me. I already had my own signed copy, so I’ve got an extra copy to “Kellie”, and I want to give to someone. If you’re named Kellie, like me, or you have a friend with the same spelling as my name, why don’t you enter to win a copy? Please leave a comment, with your name, email address, and which book you’d like to win.
Thanks so much for TBR for hosting me today!

TBR: Thanks for visiting TBR, Kellie. Best of luck to you.

19 comments:

  1. Great interview! I'm putting Rebound on my own TRB list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic interview, Kellie!! Thanks for giving away a copy of my novel :) I wish you great success with all your endeavors!!

    HUGS!!

    Daisy Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're all fascinated by the idea of a behind the scenes look at gymnastics. I watch them compete and just marvel. Enjoyed the look into your life and process. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic interview, Kellie! Much luck with the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Interview! I'm certain I'll enjoy Rebound as much as the rest of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes. Sounds like another great story, Kellie. I'm looking forward to it. (And how smart of you to use your experience like that as a source. Way to go!) Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kellie. Love the sound of your new story. Can't wait to read it. Good post, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winners are Pauline and Sandra! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, thanks! i feel a bit guilty, because i won something last week. i will take it or concede gracefully! whichever you prefer! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm late, but I wanted to let everyone know that Rebound is a very enjoyable read. Great interview, ladies!
    Lori Leger

    ReplyDelete

Talk to TBR guests!