Friday, February 3, 2012

TBR welcomes Sarah Grimm

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Sarah. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Sarah: Sure. I’m a romantic—a die hard romantic. I believe in love, not just as a fundamental part of human relationships, but as a force that can heal emotional scars. I truly believe there is someone for everyone—the person they are meant to find. Their other half, a soul mate.

I live in West Michigan, along the shore of Lake Michigan, with my husband of 19 years, two teenage sons, three orphaned deer mice, one guinea pig, and three mini schnauzers.


TBR: Tell us about After Midnight and where it's available.
Sarah:
She wants to forget her past.
He wants to reclaim his.
Sometimes the moment that changes everything comes After Midnight.

Here is the official blurb:

Thirteen years—that’s how long Isabeau Montgomery has been living a lie. After an automobile accident took her mother’s life, Izzy hid herself away, surviving the only way she knew how. Now she is happy in her carefully reconstructed life. That is until he walks through the door of her bar…

Black Phoenix singer/front man Noah Clark came to Long Island City with a goal—one that doesn’t include an instant, electric attraction to the dark-haired beauty behind the bar. Coaxing her into his bed won’t be easy, but he can’t get her pale, haunted eyes nor her skill on the piano out of his head.

Can Noah help Isabeau overcome the past? Or will her need to protect her secret force her back into hiding and destroy their chance at happiness?

Available now from The Wild Rose Press: http://bit.ly/A2MYcB

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Sarah:
Isabeau leaned against the bar, eyes closed, absorbing the welcome silence. The total, absolute silence…that wasn’t. For the first time since she’d reopened the bar, no music played while she prepared for the lunch crowd. It would have been too much to handle what with the music in her head already at an earsplitting level.

The relentless, unavoidable rhythm kept her from sleep the night before. Today, it threatened to sour her mood. Nothing helped, not her morning run, a hot shower, or even the tapping of her fingers against the polished chestnut bar.

The source of her pain was obvious. The return of the man brought the return of the music. It ebbed and swelled, adagio to allegro, pianissimo to fortissimo. It wouldn’t stop and it was not to be ignored. But ignore it she must. She had no choice.

She raised her hand, pinched the bridge of her nose and pleaded with whatever god listened to make it stop.

The door squeaked as it swung inward. The echo of boots upon the wood floor drew nearer then stopped.

What had she done to deserve this?

“I’m not going to say it,” she mumbled before gaining the strength to open her eyes and focus on him. “You never listen anyway.”

His mouth curved into an irresistibly devastating grin, and everything female in her stood at attention. He strode the rest of the way to the bar, his every movement fluid and easy. Confident. Naturally sexy. His lean, rangy body was clad in snug jeans and a black tee. Jeans so worn and faded that only their seams gave hint to their original color. Jeans that rode low on his hips, cupping his sex as tightly as a hand.

Her body reacted before she could steel herself against it. A burst of heat snapped along her nerves. Her pulse raced. She was staring. She knew she was staring but she couldn’t stop.

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Sarah:  My love of music was probably the greatest influencing factor in making it the theme of the book. If someone took away my books, I could go on—after all, I would still have my imagination. However, I can’t imagine life without music. 

Which is exactly how my heroine, Isabeau Montgomery, came to be. I took my love for music and the respect I have for those who create it—those with the natural, awe-inspiring ability to just sit down and have music flow from their fingers—and turned it into a story about what happens when that gift becomes your worst nightmare.

TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Sarah: I’m a total pantser. The only thing I usually know when I sit down to start a book is the hero and heroine’s names and how they meet. That way I’m just as surprised as the reader with the way the story unfolds. J

TBR: Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
Sarah:  My favorite quote is from Meg Chittenden: “Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up on rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

TBR: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Sarah:  Singer/songwriter Noah Clark from After Midnight. Why? I want to get a firsthand look at those worn, faded jeans of his. *grin*

TBR: What's next for you?
Sarah:   While writing After Midnight, one of the secondary characters kept telling me he needed his own story, so I’m writing that one now. Midnight Heat is a reunion romance, and although I had no plans to give Dominic his own book, about half-way through writing After Midnight, I fell so in love with his character I had to make sure he got his own happily-ever-after.

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Sarah: 


TBR: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Sarah: With the huge selection of books out there, how do you discover authors you’ve never read before, and what makes you give them a chance?

 

TBR: Readers, Sarah is giving away an ebook of After Midnight to one lucky commenter, so be sure to leave your email address so Sarah can contact you if you’re lucky enough to win! She'll pick a winner on Wednesday, February 8 and announce the winner here.
Thanks for visiting TBR, Sarah. All the best to you.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for allowing me to visit today! I look forward to learning how readers discover new authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sarah! Thanks for being a guest at TBR. I'm looking forward to readers' answers as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a first hand look at those jeans too, Sarah! I just love your favorite quote. If I can't be original and find my own, I may have to adopt yours as mine. lol I'm so thrilled you wrote After Midnight and I can't wait for Dom's story! Wonderful interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Calisa! Dom's not too happy with me right now, as he thinks I should be writing faster. LOL You can use the same quote as me, no problem!

      Delete
  4. GIMME THE JEANS! Yep, Noah could come for dinner over at my house ANY day. But he has to bring Dominic with him as well. Rawr! I love that quote, Sarah. Too, too funny. Great interview! EVERYONE READ AFTER MIDNIGHT BECAUSE IT ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Sarah, to answer your question one of the main ways I find authors new to me is sites like TBR and of course the free Amazon Kindle offers every day. Have had my Kindle DX less than a year and thanks to running my book blog, twitter, Indie author review books and other bloogers book recs it has quite a collection of reading material in every genre on it. After Midnight seems to have garnered you some fans for Noah and Dominic and I would love to meet the guys and Isabeau myself someday.

    jacabur2008(@)gmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Jackie! Noah and Dominic do have quite a following. Heck, they've got a fan club. (only half joking, lol) Good luck in the giveaway. I hope you get a chance to meet the guys and Isabeau.

      Delete
  6. Hey Sarah...even though you were just on my blog, I'm following you around :)lol Love your book's premise and can't wait to read my copy!

    Congrats again on your success !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I welcome stalkers...er, followers. *grin*

      P.S. I had a great time at your blog!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Sarah! Don't enter me in the drawing, since I already have a copy of your book.

    I believe in soulmates too. My husband of over 30 years is mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 years is fantastic, Susan! My husband and I are celebrating 20 years this July. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Sarah, great interview. My son's a singer/songwriter and I love music, too. Your book sounds like a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .
    Tadpoles Dot Curtain Panels, Set of 2, Pink

    ReplyDelete

Talk to TBR guests!