Monday, March 19, 2012

TBR welcomes Maeve Greyson


TBR: TBR is pleased to welcome back Maeve Greyson.
Maeve: It’s so lovely to be back here at TBR to share another release! I think this site is a wonderful place for readers and writers to share the love of a good story.

TBR: Tell us about Eternity’s Mark and where it's available.
Maeve: ETERNITY’S MARK is my latest paranormal romance releasing on March 27th from Kensington’s Brava line. This is the story that won Kensington Brava and RT Book Reviews 2011 Writing with the Stars contest. You remember. The contest where I aggravated the living bejeebers out of everyone by asking them to vote and help me survive different challenges to move up a level every month? Yep. THAT one.

ETERNITY’S MARK will be available at bookstores and also online retailers, including Amazon.

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Maeve: A sexy Scot. A mystical inheritance. What could go wrong?

Veterinarian Hannah MacPherson knows better than to believe in love at first—or any—sight.

True, being swept away by Taggart de Gaelson to the vast Scottish castle she’s mysteriously inherited is uber-romantic. The legacy is totally legitimate, and its messenger is big, broad-shouldered, and smokin’ in more ways than one…

Too bad Taggart forgot to mention that Hannah’s also a Guardian of magical dragons called the Draecna. And as Hannah’s sworn otherworldly protector, Taggart is honor-bound not to lay a hand on her, no matter how close he gets…

But turning duty into pleasure is just too tempting. And for Hannah, mastering her powers and saving two worlds from evil will be way easier than showing one hardheaded warrior that breaking all the rules means they are eternally made for each other…

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Maeve: Dragons have always fascinated me but I wanted to write a story that was just a little bit different. I guess that’s how the Draecna race and all their mysteries came to mind.

TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Maeve:  I would really love to be a plotter and I try. I use spreadsheets, sticky notes, notebooks. But it never fails, by the time I finish writing the story – it looks NOTHING like what I plotted.

TBR: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Maeve: Least like to invite? Gearlach. While he’s a very jovial five hundred year old Draecna, the fact that he resembles a dragon and is the size of a bull elephant would make getting him INSIDE my cozy little house a bit of a challenge. Of course, since he also has the ability to breathe fire, he might be rather handy for a backyard barbecue.
Most like to invite? Hannah. Not only is she a knowledgeable veterinarian, but she also reads animal’s thoughts. Maybe she could help me convince Jasper to stop tinkling in my house slippers whenever I leave him home alone. *sigh* By the way, Jasper is my writing partner. A rat terrier / Chihuahua mix with delusions of grandeur that adopted us when we visited a shelter.

TBR: While creating your books, what was one of the most surprising things you learned?
Maeve: That you can’t always trust spell check and that the English teacher that told me if I wasn’t sure about punctuation, all I had to do was add a comma. He was DEAD WRONG.

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Maeve:  Even fire-breathing, leather-winged mystical races need love too.

TBR: What's next for you?
Maeve: I’m attending RT’s Booklovers convention in Chicago next month. Look me up and say Hi!

TBR: Any other published works?
Maeve:  BEYOND A HIGHLAND WHISPER is my debut novel with The Wild Rose Press. It introduces the MacKay family to the world.
THE HIGHLANDER’S FURY released from The Wild Rose Press on March 2nd. It’s a visit with another member of the MacKay family.

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Maeve:

TBR: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Maeve: Does genre matter? Or do you just want a great story?

TBR: Readers, Maeve give one lucky commenter an advanced reading copy (ARC) of ETERNITY’S MARK along with a cover flat and a few of the promo items she plans to give away at RT next month. Maeve will select a winner next week and announce it here.
Thanks for being a guest at TBR again, Maeve. Have a blast at the conference!

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me back, Cate! I always enjoy visiting TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're always welcome here, Maeve. :) Welcome back!
      Cate

      Delete
  2. Maeve is a new author to me:). So look forward to read her book:). If I may ask who has inspired you Maeve in writing down eternity mark?Aretha zhen , arethazhenATrocketmailDOT COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aretha! I know it may sound silly to some, but nature inspires me. When I walk through the woods or look up at the stars, I feel energized and my mind starts humming with ideas.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful interview! I always enjoy learning more about you and your stories, Maeve! I'm a romance only fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vonda! I know what you mean about loving romance only. :-)

      Delete
  4. Great interview as always. You hit on both my fave genres Historical and Romance.

    Good luck with your books and future projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, BJ and congratulations on YOUR new contract. :)

      Delete
  5. You will be new for me! I love romance novels - don't like to read much of anything else! Looking forward to trying this one out

    fingershankins@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romance novels are my favorite too, Lynne! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  6. Dragons RULE, Maeve! Sooooo want to read this one! Please do enter me in your Contest. THANKS! Loved your Interview too!

    Wishing you GREAT Sales!

    hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari! You are definitely entered in the contest. Best of luck to you! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Maeve,

    Lovely interview. I always enjoy your relaxed approach to nearly everything.

    Genre does matter, to me. No Dystopian themes, no vampires, werewolves or zombies please. But Romance Novels? I think the time has come for me to investigate that genre!

    Of your novels, which one would you suggest for a newbie like me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia! You won't find Dystopia, vamps, werewolves or zombies in any of my books. Although, I must confess, I do enjoy stories with those themes, especially when the author's tweaked them with a new twist. I love all my "babies" but you might like to start with BEYOND A HIGHLAND WHISPER since that would introduce you to the MacKay Clan in THE HIGHLANDER'S FURY. Whichever story you happen to choose, I truly hope you enjoy it! :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm certainly looking forward to reading about your dragons! Having Paul Marron on the cover doesn't hurt either. ;)

    cgnemesis (at) yahoo(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm pretty fond of that cover too, Infinitieh. Paul Marron made a PERFECT "visual" of my hero Taggart. *happy sigh*

      Delete
  9. New book, new book, new book! I loved the interview and did I meantion New book? :) I've enjoyed Maeve's writings. And such a purty cover!

    Jacki

    shelby15(at)clearwire(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Hi Jacki - I adore your enthusiasm. Best of luck in the contest. :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Lynne!! My Celtic Tarot cards selected you as the winner for commenting on my post here at TBR. I'll be emailing you to get your snail mail addy so I can get your package right out to you. Thanks again for taking the time to pop in and leave a comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to TBR guests!