Thursday, February 21, 2013

TBR welcomes Ashley Nemer

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Ashley Nemer. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Ashley: Thank you so much for having me! I’m really thankful that you wanted to host my interview. I’m new to the author world, I’ve had a couple book’s out. At the time I’m filling this out I’ve had two releases and currently working on four other’s for submission. I love writing, obviously. I’m a big reader, it’s something I’ve loved for nearly two decades. I’m a very loyal fan to a handful of authors that I’ve read for what feels like forever. Same goes for a few television shows. Although, since the birth of e-readers, I’ve started watching less and less television and reading more and more.
I love football, movies and music. I’m a huge Packers and Chief’s fan. Have to be a Texans fan since I’m from Houston. Favorite actors are Will Smith, Hugh Jackman and David Dechovney. I’d love, I mean LOVE to meet any of thvose three men. Love going to Comicon’s. One day I will meet Will Smith…ONE DAY!

TBR: Tell us about BLOOD PURPLE and where it's available.
Ashley: Blood Purple is the release that I’m pushing right now. It was my very first book that came out on September 24th. You can purchase it at the following links. Amazon   All Romance Ebooks   XoXo Publishing    BookStrand

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Ashley:
Chapter Eleven
Dominic watched everything play out on the monitors. Who was that Zayn and his minion brought up to the facility that morning? Dominic made note to figure out who and what he is and his role in all of this. He looked familiar; he will have to retrace his steps over the last week. His plans were coming together. There were a few hiccups in the beginning but it looked like it would end better than his original plan.
Killing his brother was the best decision he’d ever made. He should have taken him out a century ago. Now that he was out of the picture he could focus on taking over his father’s regime. It was a nice surprise to see the blonde had invaded the facility. Now he didn’t have to kill everyone himself. He wasn’t sure who he was but didn’t care; he got rid of Hamza for him. This situation felt good for Dominic. Haydar told him to sit back and not get involved so as far as father was concerned; Derrik messed the whole operation up from the beginning.
His cell phone rang just then. “Speak of the damn devil and he calls.” Flipping it open he answered, “Father, we have a problem.” Dominic smiled as his plan started to unfold.
“What do you mean we have a problem? I thought they had the girl?”
“They did have the girl; Derrik f***ed it up” mumbling under his breath “as usual.”
Taking a breath “He grew a heart and placed a call in to the King for help.” Dominic smiled, looking at himself in the mirror, his father was a fool and so easily manipulated.
Haydar let out a growl hearing his son refer to that lesser being as king. He ground his teeth as he said. “What happened to Hamza? He isn’t returning my phone calls either. What’s going on out there? Do I need to fly out and take care of things myself?”
“Hamza was killed” Casual tone, indifferent.
”WHAT! How was he killed? He is my best fighter! Dominic, what are you NOT telling me?” He shouted, fierce and lethal.
“Hamza let his security lax and someone broke in and rescued her.” Dominic took the knife out of his pocket. Twirling it around the tip pressed against his palm, little droplets of blood leaking out from the penetration.
“Dominic, you’re telling me that one of my sons is dead, my lead general is dead, the girl is gone and all I have to show for this operation is that you are still around?”
Dominic didn’t like the question, implying that he wasn’t much of a consolation prize. “Yes Father that’s what I am saying.”
“You have 48 hours to fix this mess or I am coming out there and I will kill you myself for allowing this to get so f***ed up.” 


TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Ashley: I am VERY MUCH a pantser. I hate plotting, HATE IT!!! It doesn’t ever matter what I want anyway cause the characters ALWAYS change it.

TBR: How do you develop your characters?
Ashley: With a LOT of research! I like to take something from history and build on it. For example, Leigh Khaled, she’s one of the bad guys in my Blood Series. I have her history involving the Black Death that surrounded Europe in the Middle Ages. I absolutely LOVE involving real historic events in my novels. But not in a ‘history’ lesson kind of way but in a character and plot development sort of way.

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Ashley: No music inspired my book in particular but I do have a writing playlist that I listen to. It’s a 5 hour long list. It has a range of Green Day, Lit, Eminem, Will Smith, Everclear, Eve 6, just an assortment of bands that get my emotions and creativity flowing.

TBR: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Ashley: Leigh – I’m just head over heels in love with her, she’s stolen my heart. When I started writing I was all about Nikole, she felt like an extension of myself, but now, Leigh has taken over. She won’t get out of my mind!

TBR: While creating your books, what was one of the most surprising things you learned?
Ashley: I learned that you can find inspiration in any place you look. Even if you aren’t looking. That’s been one of the side effects since I’ve started writing. It usually happens that I’m minding my own business when bam something inspires me and then I HAVE to go write.

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Ashley: My world revolves around family relationships instead of lovers.

TBR: Any other published works?
Ashley: Bud’s Christmas Wish

TBR: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Ashley: I don’t know if this is ‘interesting’ but it stands out the most and it was in a review done about Blood Purple. The reviewer said that my work was interesting because I wrote about every day relationships, and honestly, that’s exactly how I feel. Growing up the most important relationship to me was the one I had with my brother. Coming from a divorced family I turned to my sibling for consistency the most and inside my fiction, you will find that my characters do that too. It’s not something I plan it’s just something that happens. I’ve read you write about what you know and it seems that that is what I’ve done.

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Ashley:  www.ashleynemer.com www.facebook.com/ashleynemerauthor

TBR: Readers, Ashley will give away an ebook of Blood Purple to one lucky commenter. She'll pick a winner and announce the winner here. Be sure to leave your email address so she can contact you.

Thanks for visiting TBR, Ashley. Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to TBR guests!