Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TBR welcomes Cait O'Sullivan

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Cait. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Cait: Thanks so very much for having me here! I’m a romance author with a love of words and magic, having had the good fortune to grow up in Ireland. The wanderlust in my blood sent me out to travel the world and now, residing in a leafy suburb of London, it is my thoughts and memories that journey far and wide in order to create my stories.

TBR: Tell us about Romancing the Seas and where it's available.
Cait: Sous-chef Pippa Renshaw thinks a change of scene will mend a bruised heart, so she swaps her job in a prestigious London restaurant to head-chef on a cruise ship sailing around New Zealand. A great plan until she meets her new CEO, the delectable Jonathon Eagleton, and discovers she has to share a suite with him.
Even though sparks fly whenever they are together, Jonathon steadfastly keeps her at arm’s length, which suits Pippa just fine because she’s still getting over the betrayal of the last time she had a relationship with the boss.
The situation is starting to feel like solitary confinement until a thunderstorm traps them in a tramper’s hut while hiking. Suddenly a different kind of storm unleashes inside the hut.
But will they be able to go back to their previous status now the line has been crossed?

Buy Romancing the Seas:
Amazon           |          Amazon.co.uk |                        BookStrand                 |           Crimson Romance

TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Cait: A little bit of both, I like to know where the story is going but find if I plot too much, my characters rebel.

TBR: How do you develop your characters?
Cait: I’m really bad at this, in that I pretty much allow my characters to develop themselves. I’m well aware I should have an arc, but they seem to fall within it all on their own. And hey, who am I to complain?!

TBR: Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
Cait: To be in love with the Universe is to be free. I know, very hippy dippy, but I love it.

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Cait: I love West African music, esp Baaba Maal, anything with the kora or for a beautifully edgy and amazing mix, Afro Celt Sound System. I have several playlists but can’t listen to music as I write. Although I have tried writing words when Afro Celt is playing which is fun, turns into poetry. In motion LOL

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Cait: oooh, the fact that Pippa and Jonathon are working aboard a cruise ship, sailing around New Zealand, or the hiking they do in that most beautiful of countries. I love New Zealand and think it’s very apparent in the book.

TBR: What's next for you?
Cait: Well, I have another contemporary in the works, just looking for a home at the moment, The Tango Champion.
London TV presenter, Ava Whittaker, has had a baby by Matthias de Romero, the man she loves. The problem? He doesn't know. Fast forward two years and he’s the judge on a new dance show – one where she's a contestant.
Matthias de Romero leaves the girls, not vice versa. So how come the one girl who caused his embittered heart to stir walked out?  Two years later, still in search of answers, he allows himself to be talked into becoming a judge on a brand new London television show 'To Dance or Not to Dance'.
Will the glitterball – and her secret – cause their intense feelings to burn out or fan further the flames of desire?

TBR: Any other published works?
Cait: Sefton Manor is coming out this year with Musa Publishing, a Gothic romance short story, it’s fun, fast paced and hot! I love it J

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Cait:  FACEBOOK   |           TWITTER        |           WEBSITE/BLOG         |           GOODREADS


TBR: Readers, Cait will give away a copy of Romancing the Seas to one lucky commenter. She'll pick a winner on the 28th February and announce the winner here. Be sure to leave your email address so she can contact you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to TBR guests!