Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TBR welcomes Megan Slayer

TBR: Welcome to TBR, Megan. Will you share a little bit about yourself?
Megan: I’m a mommy, writer, wife and all around good egg, but don’t tell everyone my secret. I like to cause trouble, too!

TBR: Tell us about FOLLOWED and where it's available.
Megan: It’s the first in the Haven House Vampires series, through Changeling Press. Here’s the link: http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1934

TBR: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Megan:
Sure!! Here’s the blurb:
Vampires are sensual, dangerous, and not to be trusted -- or are they?
Lucas planned to party with vampires but when he awoke, he had no idea where he'd ended up or who followed him. Two men want his blood, while the third wants to help him escape. Will Lucas succumb to his attraction to the vampires or leave with his life?

TBR: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Megan: I like vampires and I’d just been given a picture, courtesy of Stephanie Burke, with four guys, three of which happened to be in jeans and one was totally buck nude. The nude one was sort of strapped to a table, but not really. My mind went to what would happen if he was kidnapped, but one of the people around him was really there to help him? Off I ran. When they told me they were vampires, even better!

TBR: Are you a plotter or pantser?
Megan: Depends on the story. With Followed, I was a total pantser. I just let the boys go where they needed to go and ran to keep up. If there are lots of details, then I tend to plot the story out. Helps to keep everything straight.

TBR: How do you develop your characters?
Megan: Most of the time I jot down part of the story, then let it sit. I put the notes long hand in a notebook, then yes, let them percolate. The characters will talk to me and tell me about themselves. Then a little later, I make character charts about all of them. Sometimes through the course of writing the story, the characters will develop more or let me in on little things I never expected. That’s always fun.

TBR: Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
Megan: No worries. I say it all the time. If I don’t, sometimes the crush of all the stuff I have to do can weigh down on me. So to keep my spirits high, I remind myself no worries. Usually it works. J

TBR: Did any music inspire your book? Do you have a playlist?
Megan: Yes! Almost the entire Queen of the Damned music soundtrack – the music from the Anne Rice book. Yep, that one. Plus anything by Godsmack, Korn and Five Finger Death Punch. Gotta get into that headspace.

TBR: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Megan: The Vampires all live in a communal house. They can leave and have their own lives, but if they are unattached, then they live in the Haven House which happens to look above ground like a dilapidated shack, but is an elaborate underground home decked out in a lot of stainless steel.

TBR: What's next for you?
Megan: I’ve already turned in the second Haven House book, Destined and am working on the third. The nice thing about this series is that it’s not just MM or MF. The characters do what they want to, so if the story dictates it is MM, then that’s the way it goes. Same for MF.  

TBR: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Megan: Interesting? Hmm. I’ve gotten some real zinger reviews,  but the best comment was from a reader who said they got lost for a couple hours in my work and that when the characters hit the climax of the story, she was on the edge of her seat. That made my day.

TBR: Where can readers find you on the web?
Megan: Sure!
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.
When she’s not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school. She enjoys writing in all genres, but writing about men in love suits her fancy best.
Currently hanging out every Wednesday and Friday at the Menagerie Authors site, hunting Hotties for the Saturday posts, and working on the next great story brewing in her head! 

The cabana boys are willing to serve, unless she needs them. She always need them. So be nice to Javier or he will bite--on command.
She also masquerades under the name Wendi Zwaduk and is published through Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, and Total-E-Bound Publishing.

TBR: Thanks for visiting TBR, Megan. Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to TBR guests!